From Project 1999 Wiki
This reptilian race inhabits Cabilis, a city in the middle of the newly discovered continent of Kunark ... newly-discovered to the rest of Norrath, that is, since the Iksar have been here all along. Those same folk who consider Kunark a new discovery, also tend to have a hard time telling one Iksar from another, or even male from female. Of medium size and similar shape, the main difference between Iksar seems to be in the pattern and color of their facial scales, with the females more brightly colored than the males. Although the Iksar’s unusual skin gives them regenerative abilities and a higher natural AC, one drawback to being covered in scales is the inability to comfortably wear plate armors.
As a race, the Iksar long ago were slaves to the now-extinct Shissir. After their captivity, the Iksar were empire builders who triumphed over the mighty dragon Ring of Scale, only to be crushed in turn, their ancient stronghold of Sebilis lost to them. The Iksar are a proud race, and hostile to all outsiders, for their history has taught them to trust none but their own kind. The Iksar have acquired many survival skills over the years. In addition to regenerating hit points faster than most other races, the Iksar have natural damage absorption and are more resistant to heat, although they are somewhat more susceptible to the cold. Iksar are excellent swimmers, and since Cabilis itself has waterways rather than roads, this skill can be put to good use immediately. Iksar also have a natural ability to forage, and while they never become good at this, it’s at least enough to keep them from starving. Living off the land is especially important for the travelling Iksar. Heatbased night vision lets them see in the dark better than Humankind, though not so well as the Dark Elves.
As a young Iksar in Cabilis, you start out far from the familiar hunting grounds of Antonica or Faydwer, and you should not plan to visit there any time soon. Cleave to your homeland, for there is enough adventuring in just the four areas surrounding the city to fuel your rise to your 30th level, and even beyond. You are the only race truly at home on Kunark, so take advantage of it.
- Starting City: Cabilis
- Racial Tensions: All
- Special Abilities: Infravision, +5 Fire Resist, -10 Cold Resist, +12 AC Bonus, Swim (100), Forage (50), Enhanced HP Regen (scales with level), Medium Armor, Innate AC Bonus
Starting Stats and Classes
- Monk: 75 STR / 75 STA / 100 AGI / 95 DEX / 80 WIS / 75 INT / 55 CHA / 20 Bonus Points
- Necromancer: 70 STR / 70 STA / 90 AGI / 95 DEX / 80 WIS / 85 INT / 55 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Shadow Knight: 80 STR / 75 STA / 90 AGI / 85 DEX / 80 WIS / 85 INT / 60 CHA / 20 Bonus Points
- Shaman: 70 STR / 75 STA / 90 AGI / 85 DEX / 90 WIS / 75 INT / 60 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Warrior: 80 STR / 80 STA / 95 AGI / 85 DEX / 80 WIS / 75 INT / 55 CHA / 25 Bonus Points
- Level 01-19: 4 sitting, 2 feigned, 2 standing
- Level 20-49: 6 sitting, 2 feigned, 2 standing
- Level 50: 8 sitting, 2 feigned, 2 standing
- Level 51-55: 12 sitting, 8 feigned, 6 standing
- Level 56-59: 16 sitting, 12 feigned, 10 standing
- Level 60: 18 sitting, 14 feigned, 12 standing