From Project 1999 Wiki
Humans in Norrath are often said to be the yardstick by which all other races are measured. More importantly, Humans exhibit a number of good characteristics that make their selection as a first character a viable option. Though visually challenged at night, Humans enjoy a balanced stat distribution and the ability to be nearly any class. Shaman is the only class excluded, as Humans are too sophisticated to take part in witch-doctor ways. However, Humans can worship a multitude of gods, depending on their class. The many choices offered to Humans might be confusing to a beginning player. Don’t worry. Thanks to the well-rounded abilities of Humans, simply pick a class to play, read the overview of that class, and jump right in without worrying about stats until you become more familiar with the game.
Humans can start out in either Freeport or Qeynos, depending on the class and deity selected. Both cities offer nearly everything for a beginning character, including supplies, appropriate hunting grounds, and the ability to take part in trade skills and quests. Both cities are seaports and have access to another continent. The south section of Qeynos contains a dock that will let you take the boat to Odus, the home of the Erudites. The east section of Freeport contains a dock that will allow you to travel to the Butcherblock Mountains in Faydwer for some adventuring, or take another boat from there to the harsh lands of Kunark. Qeynos offers the newbie hunting grounds outside of the North gate, Qeynos Hills, and BlackBurrow. Freeport abounds with newbie areas including the East and West gates, the Northern Desert of Ro, and both the East and West Commonlands. Arguably the best thing about being a Human is the multitude of choices on how to play the character. A Human can be a loyal Paladin of Mithaniel Marr, a shunned Shadow Knight of Bertoxxulous, a tranquil Monk of Quellious, a damned Wizard of Innoruuk, or one of numerous other combinations.
Whatever class choice you make when becoming a Human, it is a good race when first starting out in the confusing land of Norrath. Many quests exist for the young Humans in both cities, and it is a good learning experience for the new player.
- Starting City: Freeport or Qeynos
- Racial Tensions: Dark Elves, Iksar, Ogres, Trolls
- Special Abilities: None, Medium Armor
Starting Stats and Classes
- Bard: 80 STR / 75 STA / 75 AGI / 85 DEX / 75 WIS / 75 INT / 85 CHA / 25 Bonus Points
- Cleric: 80 STR / 80 STA / 75 AGI / 75 DEX / 85 WIS / 75 INT / 75 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Druid: 75 STR / 85 STA / 75 AGI / 75 DEX / 85 WIS / 75 INT / 75 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Enchanter: 75 STR / 75 STA / 75 AGI / 75 DEX / 75 WIS / 85 INT / 85 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Magician: 75 STR / 85 STA / 75 AGI / 75 DEX / 75 WIS / 85 INT / 75 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Monk: 80 STR / 80 STA / 85 AGI / 85 DEX / 75 WIS / 75 INT / 75 CHA / 20 Bonus Points
- Necromancer: 75 STR / 75 STA / 75 AGI / 85 DEX / 75 WIS / 85 INT / 75 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Paladin: 85 STR / 80 STA / 75 AGI / 75 DEX / 80 WIS / 75 INT / 85 CHA / 20 Bonus Points
- Ranger: 80 STR / 85 STA / 85 AGI / 75 DEX / 80 WIS / 75 INT / 75 CHA / 20 Bonus Points
- Rogue: 75 STR / 75 STA / 85 AGI / 85 DEX / 75 WIS / 75 INT / 75 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Shadow Knight: 85 STR / 80 STA / 75 AGI / 75 DEX / 75 WIS / 85 INT / 80 CHA / 20 Bonus Points
- Warrior: 85 STR / 85 STA / 80 AGI / 75 DEX / 75 WIS / 75 INT / 75 CHA / 25 Bonus Points
- Wizard: 75 STR / 85 STA / 75 AGI / 75 DEX / 75 WIS / 85 INT / 75 CHA / 30 Bonus Points