From Project 1999 Wiki
|Related Zones:||Ocean of Tears, Rivervale, Qeynos|
- Stein of MoggokStein of Moggok
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
DEX: +5 INT: +10 HP: +10
SV DISEASE: +25
Effect: Light Healing (Any Slot, Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 2.5 Size: SMALL
Note: Unless you're an enchanter with the benefit of faction spells and illusions, this quest may be a bit time consuming.
Clurg, the Ogre bartender in Oggok, has lost his bartender's compendium and wants it back badly. It is currently held by Bartender Gregor, in the Seafarer's Roost in East Freeport. Fortunately, Gregor has a lust for exotic drinks, and lacks only the ingredients to make his dream concoctions. He will give you the compendium for those ingredients. He wants you to get him the following items:
- Kiola Nut(purchased on the island of Erollisi in the Ocean of Tears for 2 gold pieces.)Kiola Nut
WT: 0.5 Size: SMALL
- Erud's Tonic(NO TRADE item that results from the Erud's Tonic quest.)Erud's Tonic
LORE ITEM NO DROP
WT: 0.4 Size: SMALL
- Honey Jumfrom Rivervale (droppable item that results from the Honey Jum quest.)Honey Jum
WT: 0.2 Size: SMALL
- Koalindl Fishfrom the lake in the Temple of Life in Qeynos (NO TRADE item).Koalindl Fish
LORE ITEM NO DROP
WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
You can get the fish one of a few ways: You can do The Regurgitonic Quest in Ak'Anon and give the tonic to Frostbite the dog in West Karana (who coughs up a fish). You can also kill Frostbite (at the expense of your Halas faction). Or you can kill koalindl fish below the Temple of Life in Qeynos (major faction hits with the Priests of Life).
Give these items to Bartender Gregor in East Freeport. You'll receive some platinum and the Bartender's Compendium (NO TRADE).
Take the Compendium to Clurg. If you're KOS in Oggok, you'll need to do faction work beforehand. Ogre or Dark Elf illusions coupled with a faction spell will also work, provided your faction isn't too low.
Upon doing the turn-in, Clurg gives you the Stein of Moggok.
Dark Elf's Guide to Obtaining the Stein of Moggok
This a complete, step by step guide to obtaining the Stein with a Dark Elf Enchanter of 8th level or higher. You must have these spells to successfully pull it off: Alliance, Illusion: Human, Invisibility. You will also need a friend willing to help you out, perhaps in return for you getting a stein for him or her later. This guide assumes you will NOT be getting any teleports.
- Step 1: From Neriak, run to East Freeport and go to the Seafarer's Roost AFTER 6pm game time.Otherwise there will be an ogre there named Bronto Thudfoot who will kill you swiftly.Buy an Innoruuk's Kiss of Death from the bartender Gregor for about 8 silver. Bind or get yourself bound in East Freeport while you're here, you'll be coming back. If you bind right out of the South Gate (heading toward North Ro) you'll be fine as dark elves aren't KOS in East Freeport, not to the guards anyway. At the same time you're doing this, have your friend create a mule character in Freeport, give him 1 plat and have him hop the boat to the sister island in OOT. There he can buy (for the 1 plat) 4 Kiola nuts, which will be good for 4 stein attempts. After you get the get Kiss of Death, hop the boat yourself and make sure to jump off the boat and swim to the island before you get to the docks, since dark elves are KOS there. [EDITORS NOTE: Dark elf Enchanters are NOT KOS even for Innoruuk believer, and can purchase the nuts, with Wood Elf Illusion.] Once you get the nuts, Gate back to East Freeport.
- Step 2: Leave East Freeport and head west to Rivervale. Ask along the way for a SoW. You'll probably get one since most people who can SoW are kind enough to give you one, especially if you donate between 5 gold and 2 plat, don't be cheap. While you're running to Rivervale,have your friend create a new halfling mule and go out into Misty Thicket and attack bixies until he has 3 honeycombs (getting some levels in the process, warrior is the best choice for a mule). When you get to Rivervale, meet him right at the zone to Kithicor and give him 3 plat. He'll take it to the bank and get it changed to 30 gold. When he gives 30 gold and 3 honeycombs to Kizzie Mintopp, in the burrow across from the Fool's Gold, he'll get Honey Jum, which he gives to you. Or you can do it yourself with illusion up.
- Step 3: Run run run to Qeynos. This is the boring part and a good time to practice Sense Heading.Stick with the shorelines when you get to the Karanas, it's longer but much safer, especiallyfor an 8th level enchanter. While you're running to Qeynos have your friend make a warrior in Qeynos with Rodcet Nife as his or her diety (This is important). They can get to 2nd or 3rd level while you run over.
- Step 4: When you get to North Qeynos, cast Human Illusion and head to the Temple of Life compound. Buff your friend's mule and have him jump in the pool and kill a fish. Don't kill the fish near the far end or the paladin will wipe up the floor with him in one hit. Since the warrior mule is a Rodcet Nife follower, he'll start with higher faction with them so he'll be able to kill quite a few fish before he is KOS to them (I said it was important).Once he kills a fish with a corpse, wait to loot the corpse and grab it. Voila, one fish corpse and no bad faction hits. If you're a 12th or higher enchanter you can cast Enduring Breath so you and the mule can stay underwater all the time, which helps a lot. This is the last you'll need your friend, so thank him/her profusely.
- Step 5: Cast invisibility on yourself before zoning, since illusions run out when you zone. Recast Human illusion right at the zone, then head for the docks. Wait for the boat to Erudin and take it when it gets there. The boat will stop at the Cat Island in Erud's Crossing, but don't worry, dark elves aren't KOS to the cat folk.
- Step 6: When you get to Erudin hop off the boat, don't take the ferry cause you can't cast while on it. In the water recast Human illusion and Invisibility (there is usually at least one level 20-ish shark in the harbor, so you'll want to be invis) and swim to shore. Run to the teleport pad, which will zip you over to the other side WITHOUT zoning (so your illusion will hold). Run over to the Erudin Library. Cast invisibility again if it has run out, and run up to the 3rd floor of the library. Give the Innoruuk's Kiss of Death to Sinnkin with illusion: Human on, and get the Erud's Tonic in return. Gate back to East Freeport.
- Step 7: Go back to the Seafarer's Roost AFTER 6pm. Cast Human Illusion before going in. When you get in, cast Alliance on Gregor and give him the 4 items (Kiola Nut, Erud's Tonic, Honey Jum, Fish Corpse) ALL AT THE SAME time. He will give you 1 to 4 plat and the Bartender's Compendium. NOTE: Do not give the 4 items to him one at a time. He will not give you the reward if you do that!
- Step 8: Leave East Freeport and run down through the desert of Ro (North, Oasis, South) to Innothule Swamp. Run to Feerrott from there, and then to Oggok (more Sense Heading practice). Stick to the shoreline in North Ro and Oasis, and the west wall in South Ro and be careful of undead in South Ro since your invisibility won't fool them. You are safe in Innothule, Feerrott and Oggok.
- Step 9: Once in Oggok, run to the end of the city where the tavern is. You want to be your normal dark elf self for this, you're not KOS in Oggok but the merchants might not sell to you. Go into the tavern, cast Alliance on Clurg and give him the book. You should get the stein in return. You can also get the froglok meat shipment from Chef Dooga (again, Alliance her first) to take back to the Gobbler in Neriak. Gate back to East Freeport, and head for home.